Via Scipio Tex
Charlie Strong is FOR REAL!!!
Coach Strong and his coaches met with the team and outlined their expectations. He followed that with individual meetings with key players and 2014 seniors. The meeting was “very intense”, but there was no yelling or drill sergeant act. No theater. Just a detailing of how things are going to be from now on. No one was thanked for being there. No one was patted on the back for being at Texas
1. Players will attend all of their classes and sit in the front two rows of all of their classes. GAs, academic folks, position coaches will be checking constantly now.
2. No headphones in class. No texting in class. Sit up and take notes.
3. If a player misses a class, he runs until it hurts. If he misses two classes, his entire position unit runs. If he misses three, the position coach runs. The position coaches don’t want to run.
4. No earrings in the football building. No drugs. No stealing. No guns. Treat women with respect.
5. Players may not live off campus anymore, unless they’re a senior who hits certain academic standards. The University will buy out the leases for every player currently living off campus and put them in the athletic dorm.
6. The team will all live together, eat together, suffer together, and hang out together. They will become a true team and learn to impose accountability on each other. The cliques are over.
7. There’s no time for a rebuild. “I don’t have time for that.” The expectation is that Texas wins now.
8. Players will learn that they would rather practice than milk a minor injury.
9. The focus is on winning and graduating. Anything extraneous to that is a distraction and will be stamped out or removed.
10. Strong met individually with seniors and key leaders and re-emphasized that the plan is to win now. They can lead the new culture or be run over by it.
11. “I don’t want to talk about things. I’d rather do things. We just talked. Now it’s time to do.”
A large number of sophomore, junior, and senior players live off of campus.
They get a generous housing allowance and if they live somewhere cheap, they can pocket the difference. The other appeal is that they have a lot more freedom and they can get away from the watchful eye of the program. Strong thinks it undermines the team, causes underutilization of training resources, encourages players to hang out with old friends who want to drag them down, and creates cliques. Off campus rights will now be earned.
Some of Strong’s core values may seem incongruous (“no guns”) with the current team or historical culture here, but Louisville generally recruited from an edgier crowd. We do have some knuckleheads though – and the larger message of not acting like a clown is important.
Some of the players still don’t understand that Strong’s message was specifically to them. Brown’s last years were focused on talking about things with no follow up. He was also absent from the team constantly and had little read on the mood or culture of the locker room.
Some players may still be under the impression that this is more chatter with no follow through. They’re in for a rude awakening. Their bad habits are about to be brought to light.
We’ll have some transfers. Some of them will be good players – some may even excel elsewhere. Any school teacher will tell you it’s easy to start the year as a harsh disciplinarian and then ease up as you gain trust, but it’s nearly impossible to start weak and then try to regain control.
Some players simply won’t be able to handle the new world.
Via Scipio Tex
Samsung’s new venture. There has been plenty rumors on a flexible LED display from both Samsung and LG. Finally we have photos of the first to be produced.
My first impression with the “round” device is that’s it’s not what I expected. I know they are mock ups, but I was looking forward to the flexible LED stretching past the front of the display. Making all buttons, besides the power, a software button. There may be many problems if software buttons malfunction, but it’s worth a shot! Once you get past that aspect of the flexible display, the Galaxy Round doesn’t look that bad. There are many mobile tech analyst that love the Moto X because of the ergonomic, curved, back of the device. It may be a device that many mobile tech analyst over look or miss judge because of the curved form factor.
I can’t wait to get my hands on it.
When I thought I was sure that I wanted the Samsung Galaxy S 3, this comes out… I really like the black EVO LTE but this just looks slick. Some people may not like white phones but I think they look nice and clean! I’m still waiting on what the next iPhone will look like even though it still may not compare to the Android’s software capabilities.
The issue will be titled “The Fragile Brilliance of Josh Hamilton”. It will most likely talk about his rise and fall, along with his continued struggles with alcohol and drug abuse. This is much anticipated for me because I am interested in seeing what other insight comes that wasn’t in his book, Beyond
From working at a electronic retail store, I hear about all the new smartphones coming out. Since I have started working I have never heard as much buzz as I am hearing for this LTE phone. Many people who aren’t iphone people probably owned or wanted the original Evo 4G when it first came out. It was one of the best selling devices because it launched Sprint’s WiMax 4G towers. This will be much of the same for this Evo LTE. Even thought the Samsung Nexus is supposed to be the top phone on the Sprint’s LTE launch, it has become just a mere phone compared to this Evo.
Here are some of the specs:
4.7 inch 720p Super LCD 2 screen
dual-core 1.5GHz krait processor
2000 mAh non-removable battery
16GB of internal memory which can be bumped up using the microSD slot
8MP camera is on back with a 1.3MP front-facing shooter
Android 4.0 is installed out of the box along with Sense 4.0
Beats Audio integrated
There are a couple of things that set this phone aside from the AT&T’s variant (One X). First of all, the Evo brought back the kick stand. Great feature because I use my kickstand on my original Evo 4G almost daily. Then the battery, with the Evo 4G LTE it comes with a 2000 mAh battery where the One X has a 1830 mAh battery. Finally the network, althought Sprint’s not the best for having nationwide 4G service it is still the only UMLIMITED data. No limits, no throttling. Unlimited.
This is the day where we can forget about the past years so-close-yet-so-far moment! This is the day that we look forward to what is yet to come. This is the day where we lose our social lives and admit to our wives that their shows will have to wait if there is a Rangers game on! Where we forget about the players we lost and get excited about the players we gained!
This is our year, this is our time.
The third time is the charm.
Anyways, enough with the sappy inspirational talk. This is the opening day lineup.
C. Lewis (SP)